Greensboro, North Carolina
Listen closely – because this is a pretty big deal. When you start in one of our Call Center Sales Representative roles, you’ll grow a career by connecting with our consumer and business customers. So, dial in on a position where you solve problems, make sales and get ahead at a global company.
- Have advanced computer skills
- Have sales experience, either retail, technology or entertainment sales
- Have experience building relationships with customers
- Be familiar with sales contracts
What makes a successful Call Center Sales Representative?
- Knowledge of products and services
- Clear and effective communication
- Adaptability – every call is different
- Calm under pressure
- Persuasion skills
Start here. Go anywhere.
A role with us opens to endless possibilities for your career. See what we mean below:
A day in the life
This role will have you interacting with either consumers or small business customers.
You’ll sell them our latest products and services while also solving basic problems like forgotten passwords and troubleshooting.
For each deal, you’ll oversee the signing of a sales contract.
Business Customer Service Specialist I
Greensboro, North Carolina
Handles customer questions, complaints, and billing inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism. Strives to resolve customer issues with one call resolution.
Offers alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customer’s business. Handles business transactions in connection with activation of new customer accounts on a computer terminal. Communicates with customers using web-based tools and demonstrates the associated proficiency in typing and grammar. Makes financial decisions to protect/collect revenues and adjusts customer accounts. May be required to achieve a sales quota. Has broad working knowledge of AT&T practices and operations and demonstrates continued and consistent proficiency in most of the skill sets utilized within the Host Call Center. May assist management with scheduling and tracking of the workforce and vacation schedules in accordance with set Company guidelines and requirements. May assist in training new employees. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The essential functions listed below are representative of duties performed by this job title. Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:
1. Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services, products, billing, equipment, claims, and reports problem areas.
2. May be required to work in one or multiple queues/skill sets over various customer contact channels.
3. Responsible for improving customer retention through programs and service provided to the customer
4. Utilizes mechanized systems to initiate and complete service orders and handle customer requests.
5. Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions.
6. Make recommendations according to customer’s needs on features, accessories, upgrades and rate plans.
7. Utilize operational systems to process purchases of AT&T products and services; i.e. collections, payments for Wireless bills and accessories.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR A PARTICULAR JOB:
1. Administer system functions on all opening, closing, and balancing procedures to according to finance guidelines.
2. May sell and provision wireless services, products, features, equipment and accessories.
3. May be responsible for credit/inbound and outbound collections, activations, customer service, E-services, revenue, fraud, business and technical/roaming support inquiries, and other duties as required.
• No physical requirements.
• At least 18 years of age
• 6 months experience operating a computer in Windows based environment
• Availability to work a flexible schedule which includes all hours of call center operation
• Qualification on pre-employment screening
• Classroom training
• On-the-job training
• On-line training
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Specific job assignments may require day, evening, weekend or holiday hours. Overtime may be required
• One year customer service work experience preferred. Excellent communication and computer skills.
Provisions listed in these Job Descriptions may be changed or modified by AT&T Mobility without prior notice at any time, at the Company’s sole discretion.
Job ID 2046663
Date posted 11/05/2020
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
- If you don’t pass on your first attempt, you’ll be eligible to retake your assessments after 6 months.
- Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
Completing your assessment
Want an idea of what will be on the assessment? You can prepare by taking a look at our study guides:
A Solid Company to work for
Great Health Benefits, 401K match, incentives and commission, great perks like discounts on their services to employees.
Work life balance could be a challenge sometimes. Moving up can take some time, you may need to network more to move forward with a great career.
Former Employee – Sales Consultant, Retention Specialist in Homestead, FL
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Party every (pay) day
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Save on swag
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services – plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
Get some “you” time
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Upgrade your skill set
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Graduate to what’s next
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Stuff your piggy bank
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Know you’re covered
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
To apply for this job please visit www.att.jobs.